When you’re venturing yourself in your next destination there’s a few things to have in mind to avoid rookie mistakes.
- Check your passport requirements – having a valid passport is not enough; some countries ask for a Visa or special vaccines for you to enter.
- Exchanging money at the airport – although it’s an easy option, it often costs you more due to exchange rates.
- Packing too many things – keep your luggage light! It’s a hurdle to carry heavyweight around, plus you want to make room for nice souvenirs.
- Keep a budget – to avoid overspending, keep a number in mind and some extra for emergencies only. On that note, let your bank know about your travelling plans, so you don’t have any issues.
- Research the destination – it’s a lot of fun to experience as you go but having an idea of the places to visit, and an understanding of the culture is important. Be kind and respectful!
- Manage your expectations – social media and influencers tend to enhance their experiences abroad. Keep in mind that every place has its challenges, and it’s important to have a humble attitude when things don’t go as planned.
- Don’t overbook adventures – make the most of your time, do it wisely! If you have 3 days, check the unmissable spots in your bucket list but don’t run trying to see everything.
- Meet the locals – people make the place, no matter where you go! Our best travelling stories come from memories with amazing people we met along the way! Don’t be afraid to ask for suggestions; they know all the gems!
- Avoid tourist traps (and prices) – once you get to know some friendly locals, chances are they’ll share their favourite spots, which are often cooler and cheaper.
- Stay safe – wherever you go, be alert. You’re in a foreign place, after all, don’t put yourself in unnecessarily risky situations.
Any adventure comes with a certain dose of preparation. Keep a budget, do your research, be kind and enjoy it.
If you keep these things in mind, we are sure you’ll have a great time and a lot of sweet memories to look back.