Wait! What about the Earth? Shouldn’t it be considered?
Something to keep in the back of our minds while planning our future trips is how much will they cost the Earth!
Nowadays, a lot of CO2 emissions come from the way we travel: cars, buses, airplanes – aviation in itself is responsible for 12% of the CO2 emissions from transport sources – it all affects the health of our planet.
Our actions matter more than we think! That’s why they should reflect an environmental consciousness in order for us to mitigate our carbon footprint.
We pose you the question: are you ready to take the necessary steps to become an eco-friendly traveler?
Here are some of our ‘green tips’ to help you become a more environmentally conscious traveler:
- Travel on land – when possible, avoid taking unnecessary flights, take trains instead. Trust us, you’ll gain patience and a new sense of space!
- Do it in smaller packs – smaller groups will have less of an impact for the climate.
- Pack smarter, bring less – abstain from plastic bags at all costs! You don’t want them to end on our oceans! Plus: less luggage = less hurdle.
- Treat your Airbnb as if it was your home – be cautious of electricity consumption and water usage.
- Use public transportation – we know how practical Uber can be but taking a bus not only costs you less but it benefits the planet.
- Choose your destination wisely – find places that aren’t overpopulated by tourism. Explore the unknown and give the ‘trendy’ places a break.
Quick research lets you find all sorts of resources and tips ahead of your trip. For instance, take the ICAO Carbon Emissions, it helps you estimate how much carbon emissions your trip will cost.
“We have not inherited the land from our parents, we are borrowing it from our children.”
We often believe, a small step is not enough in the great scheme of things, but every single step you take towards the future of our planet counts! After all, the Earth is the only home we have. Think and act green every step of the way!
If you have any other tips how to be an eco-friendly traveler, share them with us! We would love to know!